Friday, May 2, 2008

Fossetts Circus!

This week I went to my first circus! I went to the Fossetts circus near the old shopping centre in Dundalk on wednesday and I have to say I was very impressed. The talent the performers had was endless! They did some things that made my heart jump particularly when they brought out the death sphere and three people entered into it and drove around it on motorcycles, as one slip up and there could of easily been a serious accident.
I wont reveal to much incase people reading this intend to see it, however I will say I was slightly disappointed by the lack of animals in the circus, but then again I'm totally against animal cruelty which is how some of the animals are trained to do their tricks, so it's probaly best they didnt have any.

1 comment:

Logan Jacot said...

Animals are not abused in the circus, the idea doesn't even make sense. Beating an animal to teach them a trick doesn’t really makes sense. If an animal does a trick and you beat it, you’ve actually taught the animal not to do the trick because it will associate the the trick with pain and will not do it. If you beat an animal because it doesn’t do a trick it still doesn’t teach the animal to do the trick. The animal still doesn’t know what it didn’t do. And then that teaches the animal to be generally afraid/have hatred towards the trainer because they associate the trainer with with pain which in effect would prevent them from being able to work together in the future.